What's the deal about the wafer thing?

As a Roman Catholic, I believe in Transubstantiation. The bread becomes the Body of Christ as revealed to us in John 6.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Colonoscopies

I cannot encourage you enough to get a colonoscopy as soon you're of age or if Colon cancer runs in your family.
According to the CDC, it is the 3rd most common cancer for men and women in the United States but less than 60% of the population have had screening. It has hit our family hard and if we're freakish about it, well- you need to listen and Do It.
I had my first screening 3 years ago and they found a polyp. The doctor told me I had to do it again in 5 years since I was a young 40 y/o. My mom introduced me to her doctor and he said 5 years was too long and he wanted to see me right away. So, I made the appointment. The eve of the appointment it snowed and we were snowed in. 2 days later we were off to Hawaii. I rescheduled the appointment twice after that and the doctor rescheduled as well. Finally in June, I was able to endure the "pain and suffering". I woke up with good news, I was polyp free and he didn't want to see me for 5 years!!

Did the paleo diet contribute to being polyp free? I would wager that it did. But that doesn't mean that there are 2 different camps out there. Before I was paleo and gluten free, I had a polyp. When I went paleo and gluten free, I had none. So, I'm 1 for 1. We'll see what happens in 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment