What's the deal about the wafer thing?

As a Roman Catholic, I believe in Transubstantiation. The bread becomes the Body of Christ as revealed to us in John 6.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A few treats

When I was a toddler, my grandmother loved to tell the story of how I would always want 3 cookies. One for each hand and the other in my mouth. I am still that way today. I have a real hard time walking past a bakery and in our little town we have a couple of them.

These 2 recipes come from Elana Amsterdam of Elana's Pantry. I included her recipe and how I modified it.

Chocolate Chip Scones
Oven: 350

2 1/2 Cups Blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 c grapeseed oil (coconut oil)
1/4 C agave nectar (subbed with 2 ripe bananas & 3 Tbsp honey)
2 lg eggs
1 C coarsely chopped dark chocolate (70% cacao w/espresso nibs!)

Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. I love my Pampered Chef Stoneware for this!
In lg bowl combine almond flour, salt & baking soda. In med. bowl, whisk together the oil, agave nectar (bananas & honey), and eggs. Stir the wet into the flour mixture and combine until moist. Add chocolate chunks. Drop batter, scant 1/4 cups at 2 inches apart.
Bake 12-17 minutes (mine took about 20 due to the bananas). Let cool.


Another one we absolutely love

Orange Cake
Oven: 375

2 oranges (washed)
4 eggs
3/4 C Agave syrup (honey)
2 C blanched Almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda

Boil whole oranges for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Place the whole boiled oranges into food processor and pulsate until liquid - Yep, everything.
Add rest of ingredients and pulsate until mixed.
Pour into 9" greased round pan. Bake 45-50 minutes until center comes out dry.
Cool and enjoy.

The second time I made this, I added 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg and served with locally made ginger ice cream (not paleo, but ooh so yummy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment